will provide five valuable applications at no additional cost to ExtremeCloud™ IQ Pilotcloud management
subscribers. Other providers typically offer these as stand-alone applications at substantial additional charge, increasing operational complexity and cost for customers. In contrast, Extreme considers these applications to be “essential services” and has added them to its ExtremeCloud IQ platform, therefore enhancing operational efficiencies and reducing cost.
Over the next 90 days, customers and partners with a Pilot subscription can access these essential services within the ExtremeCloud IQ platform, providing IT departments with all the tools required for complete network visibility, management, control, and compliance from a single tool. Delivering on its promise to make cloud networking effortless, Extreme is also offering a free ExtremeCloud IQ mobile app, providing IT departments with the ability to quickly and conveniently onboard new devices from anywhere and at any time.
- Essential applications available within the platform enable Pilot subscribers to do more for their organisations at no additional cost, while potentially retiring overlay applications used to deliver these services. Applications include:
- Extreme AirDefense™ delivers 55+ threat vectors forWireless Intrusion Prevention (WIPS) and adds Bluetooth and Bluetooth Low Energy or BIPS as an Essential Service.
- ExtremeLocation™ delivers proximity, presence, andlocation-based services for advanced contact tracing in support of the location-intelligent enterprise.
- ExtremeGuest™ delivers exceptionalguest Wi-Fi access capabilities coupled with advanced network analytics for retail, hospitality, and large event venues.
- ExtremeIoT™ delivers simple andsecure onboarding, profiling, segmentation, and filtering of IoT devices on a production network.
- ExtremeCompliance™ delivers automated and comprehensivecompliance testing for PCI, HIPAA, and GDPR.
- The new ExtremeCloud IQ mobile app, available October 1, 2020 in mainstream app stores, allows IT to quickly onboard new devices using just a serial number or leverage a smartphone or tablet to scan barcodes or QR tags. They can also manage and troubleshoot issues remotely, providing a simplified, flexible experience. This feature is a particular asset to those IT teams tasked with managing networks stretching across wide geographic areas or hundreds of buildings.
- ExtremeCloud IQ platform licenses come in multiple tiers. The Connect tier provides basic device management and is free with the purchase of any supported Extreme hardware platform. The Navigator tier now enables Extreme’s established WiNG wireless solution to interface directly with the cloud and provides visibility and management features. The Pilot tier offers advanced infrastructure management, reporting, and remediation tools, including ML and AI-driven insights and analytics. Pilot tier subscriptions are $150/year regardless of device under management, and offers public, private, or on-premises deployment methods.
- ExtremeCloud IQ is trusted to manage over 1 million network devices each day and counting, making Extreme the fastest growing provider of cloud managed networking solutions.